My husband hasn’t been home all day so I’ve washed both cars (yikes) and had 2 drinks to celebrate. And even more important. I caught up on 188 youtube videos and finally getting around to doing this award almost a month later. I’m feeling a great sense of accomplishment, I may just get a third drink.
I hope I’m not breaking the rules here but I’m going to do both of these awards together to keep you from reading the same stuff twice and I can’t think of 18 fact about myself this close to bed time. Okay, bed time is a long way away but that’s how long it will take I’m sure of it. So here goes!
Thank you very much Sam from My Missing Ingredient is Patience for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I enjoy your blog, I hope you’ll be back soon to post something. And thank you very much Nara from From Zero to Zygote and Angela from Surviving INfertility. I love both your blogs too!
Here are my answers to Sam’s questions:
- What simple thing makes you happy? When I cook a meal for hubby (or anyone really) and they say it’s good… That and making someone belly laugh.
- What sort of music do you like? Hmmm lots? My spotify playlist is all over the place. But I guess my first love is deep house. But lately I’ve been in an Earth Wind and Fire type phase. It reminds me of watching my mom teach aerobics to the ladies from church and her school. I think I miss my mom.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Sorry, gonna go with both here. Pretty useless during the afternoon 🙂
- Do you have any tattoos? Not yet. I can’t decide on something so maybe never.
- Do you have any weird fears? Just the dark. Deathly afraid of the dark.
- Do you play an instrument? Just the fool… harrr harrr. I did piano lessons as a kid so I know the basics.
- How do you think others would describe you in three words? What a goof
- Where has been the best place you’ve travelled to? Australia. Great Barrier Reef. We hosted an exchange student from Australia for a year and after high school her parents paid for me to go visit her in Melbourne and do touristy thing. The trip on a whole was a real blessing and I am forever grateful. We did everything. Climbed Ayer’s Rock, Climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, but scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef was a dream come true for me. I’ll never forget it.
- What languages can you speak? English and Afrikaans. It’s one of the 11 official languages in South Africa. It sounds Dutch-ish.
- Do you have any pets? We have 3 beautiful crazy cats. I’m dedicating a post to them as soon as I can get good pics of the chunky one. Can cats be un-photogenic? Because this guy is beautiful but never co-operates for the camera.
- How long have you been blogging for? A little over a year, sporadically, as you can tell.
Okay, I’m going to do 11 facts here instead of the 7 for the VB Award. Oh man I feel like I’m breaking all of the rules. I do apologize if you’re a stickler for rules.
1. I’m a recovering spoilt brat… I’m getting the red squiggly lines under spoilt. Does that mean it’s spelled spoiled over here? I guess so. Anyway. I’m the youngest of three and the only girl so I pretty much get whatever I want from my parents and my brothers. This is terrible and my husband is having none of it. Don’t laugh, it’s serious. Being a recovering spoilt brat is hard work. I have to learn how I don’t always get my way. I have to be considerate. I can’t pout when people tell me no, or that I’m wrong. I have to share. Ugh, it’s not fun guys. But I’m learning.
2. My best friend and I were on a cooking show back in 2003 or 4 called Off the Menu with Ainsely Harriot. It was one of those competition shows. We had to cook something off the menu of a 5 star restaurant against another duo. We got psycho chef wife and her poor husband. We didn’t stand a chance. I had just started loving cooking and didn’t even know how to poach a fish which, incidentally, was what we had to do. Poached salmon with a lobster samoosa and lemon sabayon. Any sauce you have to make in a double boiler is a big ask so we lost pretty badly but man what an experience. If I ever get a rematch, it.is.on!
3. I’m obsessed with cook books. I request one every Christmas. I love the pictures. I find myself paging through cook books for fun.
4. I wear glasses but only when I look at a computer screen because I get dizzy otherwise. And I have to take them off when I’m not looking at the screen or I’ll get dizzy with them on. Weird.
5. I loooove high heel shoes. My job doesn’t require that I dress up so I never wear all the pairs I just have to buy. So I have bunch that just sit in my closet. I actually wear them around the house in my pj’s sometimes just because. My goal is to own a $500+ pair one day. I don’t care which.
6. Gonna steal Mrs MPB’s one here and say that my favourite cheese is brie as well. There’s really nothing like it.
7. I used to write poetry as a teenager. Mostly forlorn love poems. My mother has them now I think. She wants me to put them together and get them published. Mothers are always supportive.
4 extra facts for the Liebster award:
8. I’m a hair product junkie. I’ve subscribed to CurlBox and it’s a problem. I’ll never run out of hair products and I love it!
9. I just went through all my old posts to remove pics and stuff to make this a bit more anonymous so that I can talk about my job and my boss. But maybe I shouldn’t. I feel like as soon as I do it she’ll somehow find it and fire me. If you knew her you’d understand.
10. I have a black thumb. My mom in law and parents even tried to plant stuff for us and I just can’t keep anything alive. Even cucumbers that pretty much take care of themselves.
11. I’m a big fan of stand up comedy. Huge. We try to see a big act as often as possible. I’m very sad we missed Bill Burr this past week. We’ll get him next time.
Here are my 11 nominations. In no particular order. Just a few new ones I’ve started following and want to get to know more about. I’m sorry if you’ve already been nominated.
Feel free to do both awards or either… or neither for that matter.
10. I’m Impregnable
And here are my 11 questions if you do the Liebster Award.
1. What is you’re favorite movie genre?
2. Who would play you in a movie about life?
3. What’s your favorite article of clothing?
4. Which mobile phone do you have?
5. What’s your spouse/partner’s most annoying habit?
6. What would they say your most annoying habit is?
7. You see a massive spider running across the floor in front of you. What do you do?
8. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
9. What’s your favorite tv show?
10. What’s your favorite book?
11. Which was your most memorable birthday?