Gonna try to revive these monthly posts! I don’t have too many this month I think. Let’s dive right in. I’m also adding a non-favourites category because it’s necessary lol. Actually let me start with the unfavourite because these posts always put me in a good mood and I don’t want to ruin it at the end.
Unfavourite: Cell phone wallet cover combo thing Just one this month but it’s a daily annoyance. I love how these look. My friend has one and it looks nice and easy to use and she like it but it’s really just annoying to me. Mostly because I like to keep my phone out and near me but I don’t want to have my purse near me as well. So I thought this would be good because the phone cover part detaches but it’s just an ugly useless cover then. My screen isn’t protected (It’s already shattered a bit but that’s a different story) and when I take the two apart the purse/wallet just looks ugly. I keep them apart mostly and i’m not a fan of that set up but keeping them together annoys me as well because then I have to again, take my purse out to send a text. I don’t know. I just was expecting too much I think. And I have a lot of cards. A lot and not all of them fit in this damn wallet so I have to put them separately in my handbag and that’s just not on. Okay that’s enough bitching and moaning. I’m in the market for a new wallet now and a new phone cover. Ugh.
Okay, on to the good stuff.
Wet Brush You know I love my hair stuff. This is a brush my sister-in-law introduced me too. I didn’t expect much, goodness me, what a find. I took this picture late last night and didn’t feel like cleaning the brush so excuse the hair. Anyway, it’s a detangling brush so I’ve used it in the shower to distribute conditioner and I’ve used it out of the shower to help style. The bristles are so soft yet effective. It’s just a beautiful tool. I would say great for straight and curly hair. I paid $8 for it at Target. Love it!
Cremo Shave Cream Stumbled on this one in Walmart in March sometime. They didn’t have what I was looking for so I thought I’d try something new. The lady behind me in the queue saw it in my basket and would not shut up about how awesome it is. She was right. You don’t need a lot and it creates a slippery lather. I suffer from chronic ingrown hairs on my legs (FML) and I believe this is what has made a big difference. My legs are way less ingrowny now which is awesome. And remember I said I bought it back in March. The tube is probably only half way now. I think I paid $6 for it.
I had to hide this app on my phone because it is dangerous. I love it because it takes care of my two favourite things. Food and not having to interact with strangers. N and I do pizza at least once a month, I would say, and I love that it has our orders saved so I can just open the app and click maybe 5 times and food magically appears at my front door. Why isn’t everyone doing this? More apps like this please, universe. Thank you!
Dunkin Donuts Hot Apple Cider
I’m sure there are better hot apple ciders out there. If you know of one please tell me but this is my benchmark for now. I like the cinnamon-y smell. Yummy.
TV Shows 90 Day Fiance – I’m so ashamed to say I love this show. It is absolutely terrible but we are hooked. It follows couples using the the K-1 visa (fiance visa) to be together in the US. It’s completely sensational but it really keeps us entertained. Maybe because we’re also in green card marriage. There are a few series running at the same time so there is a lot of crazy. Ugh, don’t watch it. Stick to the bachelor or something.
Movies IT – Movies have been pretty lately IMO. But I really enjoyed IT. It wasn’t terribly scary but it was a good monster movie. Two thumbs up for me.
Music Daniel Caesar – My little cousin introduced me to him. He’s a Canadian singer who just came out with a new album (Freudian) that I’m obsessed with. It’s R&B mostly and his voice is like velvet and I just love him. Here are my 2 favourites from the album although it’s hard to choose
Calvin Harris – Feels
My friend reminded me about this one today. It will put you in a good mood. It’s great. Great for driving home from work on a Friday.
I, too, am posting a few of my favourite things to break the monotony of IVF treatments. I wanted to post this a before February but yeah. So here are a few things I’ve been obsessed with this past month.
1. Face brush thing: My skin has been atrocious since starting IVF meds. It’s been depressing so I bought this thing at Sally’s for $23 along with lots of masks. I’m trying to use it every night. But I love how it makes my skin feel. Well worth the price tag for this cheapskate.
2. Shea Moisture Sensitive Skin Moisturizer: I’m obsessed with Shea Moisture. I’ve been using their hair and skin products for years and I’m in love with it. This moisturizer is no different. I love that they use ingredients you can pronounce. I got this at Target. I’m so happy.
3. Cast Iron Skillet: I’ve always wanted one of these. I got this one for Christmas but only used it this past month and I’m 100% sold. I don’t want to use anything else. I feel like a professional chef hahaha.
4. Vented Blow Drying Brush: You guys! This thing has changed my life. Now that it’s winter I’m dropping the curly look for straightened. I usually blow dry with a boar’s hair round brush and then use my flat iron and my ends were suffering badly. I decided to try this and I haven’t used my flat iron since. I can safely say this is my best purchase of 2016 so far. So happy!
5. Cellphone cover: This is just a silly purchase I made that I love. It’s probably going to break soon and destroy my phone but look how cute! The wine moves! Ack!!
6. Oil Diffuser: Another Christmas present I’ve started using recently. I only have lavender oil so far and I’m doing some research on what’s good for ivf (if you have tips, please help). But I think it’s pretty awesome so far. Love! Not the best pic.
7. Mead!!: Honey wine! You usually find them at old timey fairs or Medieval Times. I got a groupon for a meadery tour to try this stuff. It wasn’t so much a tour as it was me and N in a room with the guy who makes the mead and he told us how he made it and we got to try and buy some. I’m a big fan now. This brand is very yummy. It tastes a like sherry but better.
8. Long Sleeve Sweater: Nothing special about this but it was cheap and it feels amazing. I want to live in it.
9. Zhu: If you don’t like house music then skip this final one. I stumbled on this album on Friday actually and haven’t stopped listening. Something’s finally bumped Adele off the number one spot for me.
The clinic sent us the quote for the FET yesterday and had increased the price by $1000 without telling us. This means we may have to push it back another month. The finance lady said that they had a price increase effective January 9th even though she’d quoted me the lower price in December and that’s what we budgeted for. Of course we’re not going to take it lying down but I was feeling deflated and ready to quit again when I read the letter. My husband said we’re absolutely not paying that price, we’re paying the price we agreed upon when we discussed it with them at our last appointment. I admire his fighting attitude when it comes to money and I’m very glad he’s going to take the lead on this because I just don’t have the energy.
So today, I’m not going to worry about anything. I’m going to enjoy this weekend. Especially since it’s our 4th wedding anniversary on Sunday. We don’t have much planned except dinner tomorrow night but it’s going to be a great weekend and we’ll deal with our troubles again on Monday :).
This is my don’t give up message to everyone today. Keep marching on.
Writing that other post reminded me about what I used to blog about and this was one of my favourite type of posts. I’m going to try to bring it back. It breaks the monotony in life somewhat.
So, as you may or may not know. I love to dance and I love dance music so most of my weekly tracks are designed to get me off my chair or, if I’m working, bop along like a weirdo.
This is a newy that should be on mainstream radio. I first heard it when hubby and I were on our way up to our RE appointment to find out how our embryos were doing. I love it because aside for having a put-me-in-a-good-mood beat, the lyrics rang true since ivf is expensive and they’re singing about going to the club even though the rent was late. And at the end Pitbull gave a lovely pick-me-up message at the end of it. Can’t believe I’m about to quote Pitbull haha.
Enjoy and Happy Friday!!
This for anybody going through tough times
Believe me, been there, done that
But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that
Wow I haven’t done this in a while. This isn’t my usual deep house vibe but it definitely brightened up my day a little and got me chair dancing which I haven’t done in a while. And the video makes me want to go clubbing tonight.
Happy Friday everyone! Have a cold one (beer or ice cream sundae depending on your flavour).
Lots of weekend love!!
Take us home Usher!! ps. I’m not a big Nicki Minaj fan but I’m not mad at her new look, hey.
This is a 1hr mix from one my most favourite dj’s ever. The untouchable Dj Kent.
Khensani Mabaso from Johannesburg, South Africa, is… He just is… :). This latest mix is from Friday the 6th of Dec 2013, the day after Nelson Mandela passed away. It’s a tribute to great man and it…just…is.
Thanks DJ Kent and an even bigger Thank you to Tata Madiba…