I’ve been struggling with what to blog about that isn’t IVF related until D-day so I’m extra thankful to A Calm Persistence for this nomination. I’ve been meaning to do this for a few days now but I’m struggling to find 7 interesting facts about myself. hmmm let’s see.
These are the rules when you are nominated:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 blogs
5. List the nominees and let them know
Seven Facts About Me
1. I am not a girly girl, try as I might. I have 2 older brothers and all of my parents’ friends had 2 boys too. I have girl cousins but the age gap was too big to be too close to them and let the girliness rub off. My mother never wore makeup nor shaved her legs (she’s from the old school) so I never learned how until late in high school. And to top it off my dad was overly strict so I wasn’t allowed to pierce my ears or wear nail polish until well into my teens. I eventually found my own girl friends and they plucked my eyebrows, made me stop wearing baggy pants and made me try new hair styles other than a low pony tail. I’ve since learned how to do my nails, pluck my own eyebrows and wear a tampon and for that I am eternally grateful. I’m even learning how to a cat eye now. Progress!
2. I.love.beer. I’m sure I’ve said this before, countless times. I haven’t had one in a long time. Or any alcohol for that matter and I’m sad but keeping my eyes on the prize.
3. I fancy myself a pretty good cook and I spend a lot of money on kitchen gadgets to help hone my skills. My next challenge is to start making my own cheese. Just need to get another mold. I don’t think the one I have is going to work for halloumi.
4. I’m bored with my career. phew. It feels good to say that “out loud”.
5. My one major pet peeve is when people spit. It’s disgusting. Stop it! It’s one of the few things that make me extremely angry.
6. The other is racism. It obviously falls under the umbrella of general ignorance but growing up in apartheid South Africa (even though my brothers and I were very sheltered from it) has made me overly sensitive to racism and it really gets under my skin.
7. I’m extremely absent-minded and my husband haaates it. I’m trying hard to work on it but it’s a real point of contention in our marriage.
Yikes, that took me a few days…
Hope you have a second to accept my nomination. Sending you all lots of love!