It seems as if time has slowed down to an annoying drip, oh my goodness! I am well in the thick of PGD test result limbo and it’s no fun.
Amidst all this baby business I completely forgot to be excited about our upcoming trip next Friday. My dear friends from back home are getting married on the 6th and my parents have so lovingly bought us tickets to go home for 2.5 weeks. Tickets were bought before we started this round and right now is something we desperately need. Usually, I would be packed by now but I can’t seem to get excited. I need to have this band-aid ripped off. I’m very irritable too and I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. But that could be coming off hormones or the fact that I’m low carbing again. Picked up a pesky 6lbs and I would like to be rid of them before we leave. AF also arrived today so that could be a factor as well.
This not knowing is killing me. I’ve made my peace with either outcome but the not knowing is torture and it’s turning me into a grumpy bum.
Anyway, here are 10 things I should be excited about in the next 9 days.
1. Mum-in-law’s 5 desserts for 5 people at Thanksgiving. She is the dessert queen and she always makes too much and I love it! I hope she makes tiramisu again.
2. Possibly putting up the Christmas tree this weekend.
3. Buying a dress for the wedding and getting secret santa gifts (I love xmas shopping)
4. Going home after not seeing my family and friends for 2 years.
5. Meeting my newest nephew, who’s already crawling around, and kissing his fat cheeks forever.
6. Kissing my other niece and nephew’s cheeks until they cry
7. FOOOOOD FROM HOME!!!!
8. A wedding! I love weddings!!! and all (save for 1 or 2) my peeps being in one city for the first time in a loooong time. We only seem to get together at weddings now. *sigh* but it’s going to be epic.
9. Carling Black Label (my favourite beer from home)
10. I’m going to see my loves in 10 days!!!
Bonus 11… Airplane food. I’m probably the only human who loves airplane food. I don’t know if it’s the food itself or the fact that it’s the only thing about a 13hr plane ride that brings me any joy. Battling motion sickness for 13hrs is always a laugh.
Okay, not going to lie, that helped. I need to print that and put it somewhere where I can see it.
I definitely still have a huge cloud of infertility hanging over me but I fully intend to ignore the shit out it the minute we leave the RE’s office next Wednesday at our follow up.
10 thoughts on “Is it Friday yet?”
I feel as though you’ve probably said before, but where are you from orginally?
I’m from South Africa :).
Oh lovely! Do you still have an accent? South African accents are magical 🙂
All the best with your PGD as well, really hoping for the best for you. Always waiting, eh?
haha I do, yes. I’ve only been in the states for 4 yrs. thank you very much! sigh this never ending waiting game…
I love this post! You are gonna have a blast and I’m going to miss you like crazy !!
I’m gonna miss you too xx
Ahhh, a trip is just what you need. Usually for me a long trip provides so much more perspective on my life. Like looking at myself from above.
I’m hoping for some perspective 🙂
yay for Christmas decorating!!!
We had to cancel that idea. I forgot about our most rambunctious kitty who likes to climb Christmas trees and eat tinsel. We can’t leave her unattended with a helpless tree. Imagine the carnage :).